Vendor Rules & Regulations
Vendor Rules & Regulations
Please note: in-kind giving in lieu of cash will be credited at half the fair market value. Fundraising events at any venue will be valued at net gain/loss after Mid-South Pride’s expenses. In some cases, the size of logo will change based on sponsorship level, (i.e. a $3,500 sponsor will have a logo that is larger and more prominent than a $500 sponsor, etc.).
* All ads must be submitted before August 1st. Please submit ads to email@example.com.
** Specific branded banners for display should be provided by the sponsor, unless otherwise noted from the Board of Directors.
By submitting this form for Memphis Pride Fest, the undersigned Festival vendor (“Vendor”) agrees to be bound by each and every term set forth herein and the terms and representations set forth in the Vendor Application, which is incorporated herein by reference as though fully set forth. If the Vendor violates any term of this agreement, Mid-South Pride (“MSP”) and/or the authorized agents of MSP may within their sole discretion and at any time (1) terminate this agreement, (2) require Vendor, immediately upon notice of violation of this agreement, to cease operations and vacate the premises, and (3) forfeit any and all fees paid to MSP for the right and privilege of participating in the festival area of Memphis Pride Fest. This agreement represents the entire agreement between MSP and the Vendor and may not be amended without the mutual consent of both parties set forth in writing and signed by authorized representatives of MSP and the Vendor
1. MSP agrees to provide each Vendor at the festival with a ten foot by ten foot assigned space, unless otherwise specified by a written agreement from Mid-South Pride agents. Vendors are responsible to provide a tent, if they choose.
2. Vendors agree to obey all rules and instructions as directed by the Festival Director during the festival weekend. Any failure to strictly adhere to such rules or instructions may result in the immediate termination of this agreement and immediate forfeiture of any and all fees paid to MSP.
3. Vendors hereby acknowledges their liability, and agrees to compensate MSP, for any damage(s) caused by, including but not limited to, its representatives, agents, employees, volunteers, members, vehicles, equipment, materials and objects to the environs and infrastructure of Robert Church Park which causes MSP to pay for repair, replacement, or other remuneration to the Memphis Parks Department and/or Memphis Shelby County Metropolitan Government for such damage to the environs or infrastructure of Robert Church Park.
4. As a courtesy to other vendors and festival participants, any unapproved amplified sound or loud noise from Vendor’s space is strictly prohibited.
5. Only MSP and those individuals or groups which have signed Food Vendor Agreements shall be permitted to serve, sell or in any way provide beverages, including water, or food at any site or operation of Memphis Pride Fest. Violation of this provision and/or any portion of the health code are grounds for immediate expulsion from the festival grounds. Vendor must have a permit to sell.
6. Vendors shall not display, offer for view or sale any illegal or contraband items. The laws of the State of Tennessee and local ordinances of the Metropolitan Government of Memphis-Shelby County shall control. Vendors shall not display, offer for view or sale any items that are unlicensed and/or copies/interpretations of licensed or registered items at any site or operation of the Memphis Pride Fest.
7. Vendor understands and agrees that Memphis Pride Fest is intended to be, and at all times shall be, a community-friendly event. Therefor, Vendors in the open festival area shall not openly display any materials that are obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic or indecent. Vendors in the “RedZone”, Memphis Pride Fests’ 18+ area, are permitted tasteful and educational leeway but must comply with all state and federal laws in regards to displayed materials and merchandise. Such materials, if not in violation of any local, state or federal law, may be present in a Vendor’s space if and only if such materials are shielded from the view of persons outside the space and the Vendor posts sufficient signage to warn those entering the space that such materials are located therein.
8. Vendors shall not display, offer for view, take orders for or sell any items that are imprinted, emblazoned or marked in any manner with any or all of the following words or phrases without the express written consent of MSP: Mid-South Pride, Memphis Pride Fest or any version of the Mid-South Pride Logo, Theme or associated Marketing Materials. Vendor shall not offer phrases, logos or artwork, which closely approximate these words or phrases without the express written consent of MSP.
9. Vendors shall not sublet its space without the express written consent of MSP. MSP permits each space to be utilized by no more than two (2) organizations.
10. Vendors acknowledges and understands that it is their solely responsible for the collection of any sales or use taxes and shall in no way hold MSP or its representatives responsible for any type of permits other than for the festival itself.
11. Refund Policy: Exclusive of a $35 non-refundable application fee, a 50% refund will be given in response to a written request received 90 days before the event if and only if the space can be filled from an approved waiting list. No refunds will be given for any request received after 45 days leading to the festival. No refunds shall be given due to cancellation or interruption of the festival for reasons beyond the control of MSP. These reasons include, but are not limited to weather, acts of God, acts of terrorism, or governmental intervention.
12. MSP and the Metropolitan Government of Memphis-Shelby County accept no responsibility for items left overnight. Vendors are solely responsible for the security for all its items at the festival location at all times.
13. MSP’s representation of attendance is based on previous attendance measured unscientifically. Please note that Mid-South Pride is unable to guarantee the actual attendance of the festival.
14. Sponsors, vendors, parade entries, community partners, and volunteers understands that MSP has no control over the weather, acts of God, acts of terrorism, or governmental interference.